Information we collect and how we collect it
In general, we collect and store two types of information:
Information (including personal information) that you and other people associated with your organisation choose to enter into our systems. This includes:
- Email addresses
- Skill ratings
- Interest ratings
- Team membership
- Information about your organisation
- Other information, files or documents that you or other people associated with your organisation choose to enter into the system
Non-personal information associated with your transactions with our systems. This includes:
- IP address
- Access date and time
- Session identifier
- Activity and error logs
How we hold your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorized disclosures. While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
Information we share
Where you have explicitly granted your permission to us in writing to disclose certain information (such as company name and logo for the purpose of providing a review/testimonial) we may use that information for the purpose that you specifically granted.
How we use your information
We may use your information:
- To provide products and services to you, to assist you with inquiries or purchases, or to provide you with better service.
- To administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us.
- To gain an understanding of your needs, to perform research and analysis, and to improve or develop our range of products and services.
- To monitor system use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems.
- Handling of email addresses.
We do not and will not share, sell or otherwise intentionally disclose email addresses you enter or store in Skills Base to anyone unless we receive your express written permission to do so or you have engaged with Skills Base through one of our approved partners, in which case email addresses will be disclosed to that partner. The restriction includes disclosing email addresses to other members of your organisation, even if they have an account in the same Skills Base instance.
We may contact your Skills Base Administrators from time to time in relation to relevant news and offers from Skills Base, however we will never use email addresses you store in the system to contact your employees (i.e. non-Administrator accounts) unless:
- It is a system-generated email provided as part of the functionality of Skills Base (for example assessment reminders and password reset requests), or
- The employee contacts the Skills Base support team and requires a response, or
- There is an exceptional need relating to the use of Skills Base (for example a security concern, an error event, or other unexpected behavior)
How you can help secure your information
Securing your private information is important to us. You can help protect your account by practising safe password management. This includes:
- Not sharing your password.
- Ensure others aren’t watching you enter your password.
- Avoid entering your password on computers you don’t control (like public access computers at an Internet café or library) — they may have malware that steals your password.
- Change your password regularly.
- Use at least eight characters in your password. This should include a combination of letters and numbers and uppercase and lowercase characters.
- Always log out of your Skills Base account when you’ve completed your session.
- Ensure your antivirus software is up to date.
Further information or to make a complaint
Ready to eliminate skill gaps for better outcomes?